Saturday, September 19, 2009

So a lot of girls think about their weddings, or their big houses with a family and a dog, or maybe a cat. I have never thought about my wedding, I never want to have a house, and at the moment I want to meet someone, but I have no desire to get married in the future.

My dream is a small apartment in a big city. I like cold weather, and I want a balcony that me and a friend can sit out on and drink red wine. Recently a form was filled out on Facebook by a number of my friends. It was "Name your Top 5 dream house requirements" or something. And all of my friends had 'pool', 'walk in wardrobe', 'tennis court', 'bar', all those luxuries, and they sounded lovely, but I realized how different my dream is.
I was on iheartit.com and I found all the things that I want in my dream home.

1. I want a small apartment, but it'll be lush. I've always wanted moulded, high ceilings like this, intricate features in the plastering:
Photobucket


2. I want a room for my books, no matter how small the room, I want a library. Even if I have to sacrifice the guest bedroom. My guests can sleep on the couch. This room is for my precious books.
Photobucket


3. I don't want a wardrobe. I want a metal bar down one whole wall, so I can hang up all my clothes. And I'll have three small baskets for my undies, socks, and other things. And then I'll line up all my shoes underneath. A little something like the top half of this:
Photobucket


4. I want a fireplace. Enough said. Lol. Maybe a bit warmer an cozier looking than this one though.
Photobucket


5. I want one wall in my apartment like this:
Photobucket

I have a wall like this in my bedroom now, but with normal photos not polaroids.

6. I need a balcony. Just a small one, one that will fit an outdoor chair for two and a little table. I want to be able to sit out there every night doing work or winding down, having a glass of wine, looking at the city lights. Something like this:
Photobucket


7. I want to paint at least one wall a deep red.
Photobucket


8. I want a lot of candles.
Photobucket


9. I want one wall to be covered in different sizes and colours of draws. I've been trying to find a picture that describes what I'm imagining but I can't. But just imagine draws, right from the floor to the ceiling, different shapes, colours, sizes materials, textures. Some with wrought iron handles, some pink with flowers, wooden with intricate carvings, some covered in glitter, some with labels, some with locks some with pictures on the front, and the most precious things would go in the top draws up near the ceiling out of reach. And I'd have a ladder to climb up to get to the top ones.

10. I'd need an oven so I could bake :)
Photobucket


And even if I became super rich I would never buy a house, or a place bigger, not that there is anything wrong with wanting a mansion or a house, I've seen some amazing, beautiful ones, but it's just not my personality. If I became wealthy I'd buy another small apartment in New York, or Paris, or Melbourne, Greece, or Italy, or somewhere like this:
Photobucket


I hope you like my choppy version of my dream home. What are yours? I'd love to know. Explain in a comment? Maybe the Top 10 or 5 things you'd love in your dream home. Describe it to me :) I'd love to know. xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the ideas for your dream home, I too would like a nice cosy fireplace, also a walk in wardrobe, and a larder! Have a sweet day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect, I know exactly what you mean about the inner city apartment... mine would have a rocking chair and a massive wall of vinyl records... preferably it would be right above the most amazing deli/coffee shop that makes fresh bread and deliciously creamy lattes!! hehe..

    S. x

    ReplyDelete